… And that’s basically all we wanted to say. Hope you like it. We put in a lot of effort in it.
Now: back to vacation!
That’s right! Mark July 28th in your calender, ’cause that’s when Bumpy Road: The Autumn Years hits.
… And with that, we’re off for some vacation, so expect low activity from us the rest of this month and early August.
Have a wonderful summer!
The second free update of Bumpy Road is now official!
It’s called The Autumn Years and here’s the trailer:
Here’s the features:
- The Spring Evergreen Ride gets company with a new road to travel: Evergreen Ride Autumn!
- 220 new level segments and 3 new types of platforms: Elevators, Conveyor Belts and Flips!
- New background art and city parts!
- New music!
- New Game Center achievements and leaderboards!
Bumpy Road – The Autumn Years is coming out this month. Stay tuned for an exact date!
Simogo has soon been around for one year. Can you believe that? Time sure flies. We thought it might be cool to do a little round-up of what’s happened and what we’ve accomplished during this year. Here goes!
- In December 2010 we released our first game – Kosmo Spin!
- Kosmo Spin was named Swedish Casual Game of the Year at “Dataspelsgalan” and was nominated for Best Nordic Handheld Game in the Nordic Game Awards.
- We released Bumpy Road in May 2011.
- Bumpy was Apple’s game of the week in the App Store when released.
- The game got insane reviews: 9/10 on IGN, 5/5 on Toucharcade, 4/4 Slide To Play, 8/10 pocketgamer…
- Sales have been good and we can finally make a living out of making our own games!
- We released the Sunday Trip Deluxe update for Bumpy Road in June.
- We’ve wrapped up The Autumn Years Update – it will be out soon!
- A Mac version is in the making!
- We’ve made 95 blog posts (well, 96 if you include this)
- Gordon has consumed 7000 litres of instant coffee (rough estimate)
The Stuff you didn’t see
- We worked on a pitch for a digital picture book.
- We made a GPS app thingamabob with some small gaming elements.
- We’ve toyed around with several pitches. “Tree”, “16Games”, “Scroom”, “Emma & the Topsy Turvy Toad Tower”, “Halma”, “Ghost Story”, “Human Rope”, “Is it spring” are some of them.
- A console version (with some nifty exclusive features) of Bumpy Road was planned together with a publisher, but it looks like it isn’t happening now. The upside of this is that we can use those ideas for our own stuff now! And we can do what we enjoy most – new and original games, without the interference of evil men in ties.
So now you’re asking, how are we celebrating this year of absolute creativity and brilliance? By making our first baby Kosmo Spin free for a couple of days. That’s right. FREE. Clicky clicky and Enjoy!
A sunny Saturday in Malmö, one week from a well deserved vacation and out of nowhere the Kosmo Spin update is live!
We’ve added 12 new quests and 30 completely untrue statements about cosmos and the most important meal of the day on the brand new “Space & Breakfast facts” page.
This man claims to have a PhD in Cosmic Diet, and is guilty of telling absolutely pointless lies about infinity and the most important meal of the day for no reason whatsoever. He was last seen in the outer region of the Solar System, munching on donuts. Should you encounter him, stay calm and contact the authorities!