It is 2014 and we are back in the office! We think a little recap (and what’s happening at the moment) is in order.
So, let’s start by looking back over what happened while we were out of the office:
• On the last day of 2013 we got some amazing news; Year Walk had reached 200.000 sold copies on the App Store!
• Simogo was one of the three studios in The Edge awards 2013: “studio of the year”-award (it’s in issue 262 and online right here).
• Both DEVICE 6 and Year Walk were on a lot of best of 2013-lists. Some of the notable include:
- DEVICE 6 was nominated for game of the year in the Best of 2013 at IGN, also for Story, Innovation and Puzzle.
- Both games were on Pocketgamers 10 best iPhone and iPad games of the year.
- DEVICE 6 was on Kill Screen’s 2013 list!, which featured some really nice illustrations for every game.
- DEVICE 6 was Gamezebo’s second best game of the year.
- DEVICE 6 made Joystiq’s Top 10 of 2013 as number 7.
- Simogo and DEVICE 6 was mentioned a few times on Telegraph’s Video Game Awards 2013
• As part of 148apps’ 2013 wrAPP up, they posted a nice piece called “Simogo’s Twin Masterpieces”.
• We also talked to Killscreen a bit about controllers vs tablet gaming.
Let’s move on to what’s happening now and in 2014 then!
• We are finishing up Year Walk for Steam. We are about 75% done before starting external testing. Not quite ready to commit to a date or month, but it should hopefully make the first quarter of 2014.
• We are hoping to give you an update of DEVICE 6 posters we mentioned a few weeks ago soon. They should be available before Year Walk for Steam, we hope!
• We should update our site and give it a fresh new look. Sigh …
• And in all of this we are also starting to think about, talk about and plan the next thing … Nothing has been set in stone, we have a few ideas we are toying around with at the moment. Exciting times!
Here’s hoping 2014 will be at least half as great as 2013! Cheers!